- Member of a small, diverse team
- Reports directly to the Director of Manufacturing
- Manufacture and assemble small gas storage systems. Activities include chemical synthesis of solid
adsorbents, loading adsorbents into gas cylinders, installing valves, and conducting quality-assurance and
- Follow established standard operating procedures and good manufacturing practices.
- Label, package, and ship products.
- Maintain manufacturing and quality assurance data.
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of work processes and procedures to improve quality and
- Support production scheduling and inventory management activities.
- Support customer service and new product development activities, as needed.
- Support the design, construction, and maintenance of the organization’s equipment and facility, as needed.
- Within 3 months: Develop the ability to work independently to manufacture, package, and ship products with limited oversight.
- 5+ years of experience working in an advanced manufacturing environment with stringent quality controls
(e.g. medical, automotive, aerospace, electronics, chemicals)
- Experience following written operating procedures and maintaining manufacturing records
- Lift 50+ pounds
- Stand for 6-8 hours per day
- Understand and speak English
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- See details of objects that are more than a few feet away
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- Work experience in ISO9001 (or equivalent) quality assurance environment
- Equipment maintenance experience
- Experience with hazardous waste handling or compressed gas equipment
- Knowledge of chemistry
- Self-motivated, confident, and able to work in a fast-paced environment with significant autonomy.
- Entrepreneurial, with the ability to manage multiple priorities without incurring technical debt.
- A passion for staying modern and learning new skills.
- Able to collaborate across functional and organizational lines and capable of working with all levels of individuals and cultures as a leader, mentor, and follower.
NuMat Technologies (“NuMat”) is a start-up company innovating at the intersection of high-performance computing, chemistry, and advanced manufacturing. NuMat is a recognized pioneer in the field of metal-organic frameworks (MOFs) — an emerging class of nanomaterials which can be programmed to uniquely interact with target molecules at the atomic level. NuMat’s expertise lies in the design and integration of MOFs into next-generation storage, separation, and purification systems. In doing so, NuMat enables previously unachievable form factors, performance and cost-advantaged production economics in the electronics, life-sciences, and energy sectors.
Since our founding in 2013, we’ve been recognized by Google as a “Solve for X” innovator, won the Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers “Green Tech Innovation” prize, and have been backed by leading venture and strategic investors such as OS Fund and Patagonia.