- Title: Pilot Plant Manager
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Travel: Domestic
- Compensation: Competitive salary, health insurance, stock options
- Reports to: Director of Engineering
- Send Resumes to:Careers
This role lives between the engineering, manufacturing and R&D teams. This individual will help operate NuMat’s new pilot production facility, contributing to manufacturing and process development. This individual will also support the R&D organization by building equipment for process development, enabling NuMat to validate system level performance with our proprietary, high-performing adsorbent materials.
- Build, install, operate and maintain equipment at NuMat. Including, but not limited to, flow systems (e.g. adsorbent breakthrough systems), analytical equipment, and pilot chemical production equipment
- Pilot plant operation – follow batch recipes to synthesize, wash, form and dry NuMat’s proprietary adsorbents
- Supervise toll manufacturing campaigns for adsorbent manufacture at multiple partner sites
- Follow HS&E and quality standards
- Implement and follow preventative maintenance program for pilot plant equipment
- Identify and champion workflow improvements for existing manufacturing equipment
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably chemistry or engineering. Relevant experience will be considered in addition to education.
- Minimum 5 years industrial experience in production or R&D for chemicals, adsorbents, catalysts
- Preferred: Familiarity with pipe and tube fittings, and working with compressed gases
- Preferred: Familiarity with agitated batch reactors, filtration, centrifugation, extrusion, granulation, solids drying, solids handling / conveying
- Preferred: Experience working with hazardous chemicals
- Preferred: Knowledge of electrical and control wiring (LabView, PLCs)
C. Personal characteristics
- Entrepreneurial, meeting deadlines in a highly-collaborative environment while managing multiple priorities
- You are a self-starter
- You enjoy building things
- Able to collaborate across functional and organizational lines and capable of working with all levels of individuals and cultures.