This position will support the mission critical production operations at NuMat. It requires interfacing on a daily basis with manufacturing, commercial, R&D and engineering teams to achieve production targets and to execute productivity improvement projects. Complete ownership of manufacturing environment with freedom to build up new processes and the expectation to roll up your sleeves (literally sometimes) if they break.
- Production Oversight
- Responsible to ensure production plan is achieved, product quality is maintained, and customer delivery dates are met through NuMat distributed supply-chain network (onsite and offsite.)
- Support all toll manufacturing campaigns onsite (10-20% travel requirement, mostly domestic.)
- Act as first line of support for troubleshooting, issue escalation.
- Diagnose and document root causes of losses (equipment utilization, material) in the facility.
- Manage and improve control plans, work instructions and track production yield, rate and quality performance data.
- Ensure continued manufacturing regulatory compliance and compliance with Company Environmental Health & Safety protocols.
- Support supply chain management through parts procurement, vendor validation.
- Process Improvement
- Reduce process variation (improve process capability) to ensure consistent product quality and adherence to manufacturing standards.
- Lead cost reduction initiatives through materials, product, and process improvements.
- Champion use of continuous improvement tools such as Six-Sigma, 5S/6S, Kaizen Events, Value Stream Maps, etc.
- Technology Transfer and Growth
- Develop & maintain process guidelines (SOP/SOC) and training programs for the integration of new products and systems
- Initiate or support implementation of new equipment or processes; including writing detailed scope definitions, RFQ documents, and timeline plans, supporting equipment factory-acceptance testing, site construction and commissioning.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, resource-constrained, entrepreneurial environment where everyone must play multiple roles
- Willing to be hands on in all facets of the operations – no job is too big or small (familiarity with basic tools, shop experience preferred)
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and cross-cultural communication skills: able to distill complex information and present clearly
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in a technical field (Chemical Engineering preferred)
- At least 2 years full-time experience in a manufacturing environment, in a front-line operations or engineering position (background in managing or overseeing batch chemical synthesis strongly preferred
- Familiarity with chemical processes and equipment (e.g. batch reactors, filtration, centrifugation, formation, etc.)
- Experience managing batch chemical production campaigns, including at tollers, highly valued
- Experience working with hazardous chemicals